I thought I would try my hand at making a new Puzzle Type. This puzzle type is called “Guards”, and it is sort of a blend of the Nikoli puzzle types Akari and Kurodoku.
Mark some of the empty squares as walls (black squares) and some as guards (empty circles) so that:
1) No two walls are adjacent
2) No two guards can see each other. (Guards can see horizontally and vertically up to the nearest wall or the edge of the grid)
3) Every empty cell is visible to a guard.
4) All the non-wall cells are connected orthogonally.
5) Each labelled wall cell indicates the number of adjacent guards.
6) Each labelled guard cell indicates the number of cells (including the one it inhabits) that it can see.